2008 m. gegužės 9 d., penktadienis

Self-assesment of ESP learning

  • WRITING SKILLS

Summaries we write often during our English classes but it is still quite difficult to write a summary for me, I need several ours to write a summary and I found it quite difficult but still I feel an advance in writting summaries. ESP vocabulary tests we also write often, they are not very difficult but sometimes there are not enough time to study for them. To write a dictation is not complicated for me and I think it is useful because we are writing not only a dictation but also doing exercises concerned with a dictation text. Contributions to weblogs are not difficult tasks to write, topics are usually very interesting to write and i feel some advance in writing contributions to weblogs.

  • SPEAKING SKILLS

I assess my participation in class discussions not very well, I am not very active during my English classes. Presentation now is only the one I have made, during next week I will bring other presentation and I think this presentation will be better then the last one. Speaking in pairs I found not difficult and in my opinion it is very useful.For me it is better to talk in pairs then to talk in class discussions.

  • LISTENING SKILLS

Listening activities in class I found not difficult but usually I need 2-3 times to listen to a tape that I could do listening exercises. Listening to podcasts is the same and I think it is very useful for improving English.

  • READING SKILLS

Home reading always takes some time but I found it not difficult and I enjoy reading in English at home. Class reading also isn`t very difficult and I feel some advance in home and class reading. To do reading comprehension exercises is always more difficult than just to read a text.

2 komentarai:

mmatvijenko rašė...

the information is truthful and interesting. It is always intresting how the person evaluets hisself. All was interesting to read, thank you for that.

RStankeviciute rašė...

Writing a summary is a difficult job, but don`t be sad because we all don`t understand how to write it. ;D That is why English lessons are needful.:) good luck in learning. :P